Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gazpacho

Cinderella and I made ourselves gazpacho for lunch today! When I was studying abroad in Spain the lady I lived with made it all the time and I pretty much loved it. Dave pretty much hates it so I thought that it might be a good time to have it when he wasn't around today.

The original recipe that the Spanish lady wrote out for me is barely legible and in Spanish so I'm going to go ahead and translate it and type it - you're welcome. Before I do though, I will mention that the batch I made today could have used a little more olive oil because it was on the thick side and I might have opted for a milder onion in retrospect. I think I'll be breathing fire for a few hours (another reason it's great that Dave isn't here).

Gazpacho (a la Spanish lady from Granada)


Ingredients:
4 tomatoes
1 cucumber
2 garlic cloves (or if you want it translated literally, she wrote "2 garlics")
1/2 onion (vidalia or something - save yourself from the halitosis)
1/2 red pepper (I used the whole thing - so what)
6 Tbsp olive oil
1 piece of bread soaked in vinegar (I used balsamic but I'm sure other types are fine)
1 Tbsp salt (I did less for sure, but I don't love saltiness)

Instructions:
1. Coarsely chop all the vegetables and the piece of bread.

2. Throw everything in a blender and blend.

3. Refrigerate and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...that looks a lot like porridge. Are you sure Goldilocks didn't help you make it, too? (Dave/Jon?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught me! That picture was actually the "gazporridge" I made for breakfast before we took a long walk and someone broke in and ate it all gone! Jon certainly didn't help because he was busy whipping up another pie - he's such a chef!

    ReplyDelete