Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shatto Butter Oatmeal Raisin Chippers

Shatto makes butter and when I realized this I had to buy a whole lot of it. Then I had to come up with a way to eat it. First I made amazing english muffins (which I will likely post another day) just so they could carry the butter to my mouth. Then I decided to try them out in cookies and it turns out they were some of the best cookies I've managed to create all by myself. I'm still not Whitney, but I think I did a great job here. You might not have to use Shatto butter, but I would pose a question; knowing that they make Shatto butter, why would you NOT want to use it?


Shatto Butter Oatmeal Raisin Chippers

Ingredients
8oz (1 pkg) Shatto butter / 2 sticks of inferior butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chips

Instructions
1. Cream the room temperature butter and the sugar in a large bowl. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.

2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture to the delicious butter mixture and blend until incorporated. Stir in the coconuts and oats. Last, stir in the raisins and chocolate chips.

3. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. The bottoms will brown first and the top stays a little lighter. Don't let the bottoms burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment